If you don't have a TI-83, now you can make a virtual calculator on your PC and run the programs of this website. The virtual calculator is the TI-83 Plus Silver Edition. This calculator has almost the same performance as the Ti-84 Plus.
On this page the steps how to install this virtual calculator are listed.
-Go to Texas Instruments website and read the instructions/agreements before you download and install TI-83 Plus Flash Debugger. (83psdk) http://education.ti.com/educationportal/sites/US/productDetail/us_sdk_73_83_84.html
1. After installation restart the computer
2. Start TI Flash debugger
3. Choose: File - New-Ti-83 Plus SIlver Edition
4. Choose Debug - Go: A calculator Silver edition appears on the screen and is ready for use. With the mouse and your PC keyboard you can use the calculator. Now you have your virtual Ti and if you save with a name (for example myti), you can use it each time you start TI-83 plus Flash Debugger and open this file and choose: Debug - Go.
However there are no programs or applications on it yet.
If you want to use or test programs then
1. Download the program or application in a map on your PC.
2. Start Ti-83plus Flash Debugger
3. Choose file open and choose the saved calculator file (for example: myti)
4. Don't choose Debug-Go but choose Load R and load the program you saved in the map
5. Now choose Debug-Go and the calculator appears and has the program(s) in its memory. The program is ready for use. If you strike the key: PGRM of the calculator you see the list of programs and striking the enter key starts the program. If a sub screen appears with name Disambly then you may close this window.
- You can not resize the calculator.
To prevent problems during or after running an to reset your calculator: Always install the program ADEFAULT.8XP too. Use this program if programs occur.
If you want to save a screen: choose display window on the toolbar. By using a screen capture program like Screen Hunter you can take a jpeg picture of it. With a photo editor program like Photoshop you can make a black-white copy of it and paste it in your documents.