Social Studies: 7TH GRADE
CONTEMPORARY CULTURES 1600 TO THE PRESENT
Mrs. H. Edwards
Riverside Middle School
355-7934 (goes directly to voicemail)
I would like to welcome your child to my class and I hope this will be a most successful year for all of us. When e-mailing me, please put your child’s name and period in the subject line. When possible PLEASE e-mail instead of calling.
The following information includes guidelines for classroom procedures that are important for you and your child:
- Be on time for class. You should be in your assigned seat, ready to begin work, with pencils already sharpened when the tardy bell rings.
- You should come to class with required classroom materials, homework, and a book for recreational reading. Students should check the Promethean board and homework board when entering the classroom and begin working right away.
- All assignments must be turned in on time. Refer to the RMS Work Recovery Policy.
- PLEASE CHECK THE PARENT PORTAL AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK
- EVERY EFFORT WILL BE MADE TO KEEP MY WEBSITE UP TO DATE. HOWEVER THE FINAL WORD ON ASSIGNMENTS WILL BE WHAT IS STATED IN CLASS. PLEASE CHECK YOUR STUDENT’S AGENDA.
- Arrangements for make-up assignments or work missed due to an absence must be made on the first day the student returns to school after the absence. The student is responsible for obtaining his / her assignments. If an assignment was made prior to an absence that assignment is due the day the student returns.
Course Content: GRADING POLICY AND WEIGHTING OF
First Quarter: Introduction to the class GRADES WILL FOLLOW THE DIRECTIVE
Colonialism FROM GREENVILLE COUNTY SCHOOLS
Constitutional Governments 50% Major Assessments
Revolutions 50% Minor Assessment
Second Quarter: Revolutions Required Supplies Needed:
Imperialism (red) 3-ring binder 1 ½ -2”
(Student binders are used as a grade.)
Third Quarter: World Conflicts in the 20th Century sheet protectors (25)
International Developments in the Post Keep the following in a pencil pouch
World War II World for use in all classes:
Significant Changes in the World from the Beginning Colored Pencils
Of the 20th Century to Present Day Scissors
Fourth Quarter: Significant Changes Continues Blue or Black Pen
Standardized Testing Red Pen
RULES FOR STUDENT BEHAVIOR Highlighters
- Be respectful of yourself and others. Sticky Notes
- Follow Classroom rules and Instructions.
- Have necessary materials
- Always do your best PLEASE KEEP in your Binder FOR FUTURE REFERENCE, RETURN BOTTOM PORTION
Social Studies 2012-2013: Student Name: _________________ Period:
Parents and students: Please sign below and return this bottom portion only after reading the above information. Keep the letter in your binder. Thank you.
Student Signature: Date: _______